Thursday, May 21, 2009

Jace 36 weeks

It is crazy to think that we will be a family of four in less than 3 weeks now! Time really has flown and I find Jace's arrival sneaking up on me. I am so excited, but also a bit apprehensive as I don't exactly know what to expect. We are entering unchartered territory into the world of multiple children, sibling rivalry, etc... I am feeling very encouraged by Barrett's fascination with babies right now and the teachers at his mother's day out assure me that "he is going to be the best big brother" as they have allowed him to interact with babies there (under close supervision of course). Barrett is very sweet with the baby and give mommy's belly/Jace a kiss each day and affectionately tells us his "brutter" (brother) is in there.

I went to the doctor on Monday. I saw a new doctor as mine was out of town. I really liked her. She was very informative, answered all my questions, and seemed to really care. They did my group B strep test and checked for any progress. I had been having contractions off and on since my contraction stress test the week before; however, no dilation yet. I didn't really expect to be dilated as I didn't really dilate with Barrett until after my water broke. I was right!

They checked Jace's heartbeat again--still an arrhythmia present, but this doctor encouraged me again saying that in her experience, these tend to resolve at birth. She said they always alert the pediatricians to the presence of the arrhythmia so that they can monitor the baby carefully and make sure it is not still present at birth and during their hospital stay. She did not order a stress test or ultrasound as she felt comfortable with his baseline heartrate and movement. We remain optimistic and prayerful. Thank you for your continued prayers as well. The only other concern I had after this visit was I had not gained any weight and my belly measures 2 weeks under. It is normal for weight gain to slow or stop at this time and 2 weeks over or under is considered normal, but the measurements/weight gain have been under since the arrhytmia was discovered. I am hoping for an increased measurement at my next visit on Tuesday. I pray daily that my womb would be a nourishing environment for Jace and provide all his needs for growth and development there. I just want to be sure he is continuing to grow and thrive. I will ask the doctor about it at my visit and keep you updated. I see a new doc Tues. as my doctor was booked due to Memorial Day.

No comments: