Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Jace 35 weeks

Just a quick update. I went to the doctor on Monday for routine check-up. I am measuring as I should. Jace was active as usual. His heartbeat was still abnormal--he has a fetal arrhythmia. I had to do several tests to make sure he was not in distress again. I did another ultrasound to check my fluid level; it was okay. Then, I did another non-stress test. Not sure what this showed as I then had to go over to the hospital to have a contraction stress test which makes sure Jace is not stressed with contractions. He passed. I was still a bit anxious and confused as I did not get to speak with my doctor after all the tests; the labor and delivery nurse just released me and told me to keep my next appointment unless I had problems between now and then. I got home and there was a message on the answering machine from my doctor apologizing that she did not get to speak with me again, but explaining that everything looked good on the tests and she would pass my chart along to schedule my repeat C-section. I got a call yesterday afternoon to schedule my section--it will be Wed., June 10th at 7AM if he does not arrive sooner!

I begin going weekly now and will see a new doctor next week as mine will be out of town. They will check for any progress in terms of dilation and effacement and do a group B Strep test. I may also have to do another ultrasound and non-stress test each time just to be certain Jace checks out okay as arrhythmias can be indicative of stress. From my research and what we have been told from others in the field, most of these arrhythmias are harmless and resolve at birth when the circulation switches from fetal to neonatal circulation, but should be fully evaluated/monitored. I have been praying that he will not be stressed and no harm would come to him because of this and for complete resolution at birth. Please join me in this prayer. I will keep you updated.

No comments: