Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Barrett-isms"

Just a few cute things out of Bear's mouth recently:

1) Barrett loves gummy snacks. The first ones he had were spiderman snacks so he asks for them by that name,"spiderman snacks." We were visiting Heath and Andrea and he asked for some. He had eaten the only pack I brought and so I told him that I was sorry, but we didn't have any. He then looked at me and cocked his head matter of factly and says, "then you need to go to wal-mart and get some." He had never said that before. It was so funny.

2) Our washing machine broke this week and we purchased a new one. "That man" came to deliver the new one and carry off the old one. Barrett didn't understand why if it was "boten" (broken) why I didn't "just fix it with a screwdriver." I wish it was that easy.

3) Tonight we were eating dinner at Captain D's--free kid's meals on Thursday nights. A man with a longbeard sat down beside us and Barrett got SOOO excited. He starts smiling and saying "ho, ho, ho!", very loudly I might add. I was kind of hoping the man wouldn't catch on and would just ignore him, but then Bear says, "Mommy, it's Santa Claus!" while pointing directly at the man. I laugh and try to divert his attention and say "No, honey. That's not Santa Claus." The man, being a good sport, smiles and says, "Well, maybe I am. Have you been a good little boy?" Barrett smiles and nods his head and says a very emphatic, " Yes, I have!" When we left the man tells him to behave. Barrett smiles and says,"Bye, Ho Ho."

1 comment:

holly said...

so great. thanks for sharing. love ya'll.