Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Change of plans

I was supposed to go back to my OB doctor today for my 4 week check-up, but woke up this morning to a sick child and cancelled my appointment. Barrett had a 102.9 fever, a junky cough, and was vomiting phlegm (sorry if you have a week stomach). I figured the new crud was viral, but took him to his pediatrician to make sure his ear infection had resolved. He said he felt that this was a new ailment of the viral variety. His left ear looked good, but the right ear was still a little red. It didn't have any fluid in it though so we are taking the wait and see approach as opposed to putting him on his third antibiotic in 2 months. If he is still running fever in 2 days or gets worse, we are to go back and have his ear rechecked. Please pray that this illness will be short-lived and his ear heals up. He has been playful today and is eating well, but is having difficulty sleeping due to the cough. He had a slight fever tonight when I put him down, but has not repeated the high temp from this morning after it broke. I go back to my OB next Tues. and will post an update afterwards. Thank you for all your prayers. Love you all!

1 comment:

holly said...

will pray that barrett is "all healed up", would you please pray for paw & maw as his dr. appt. today was not great...needed to be on dialysis YESTERDAY. Trying to get surgery scheduled, so be sure and lift him up & us.