Friday, February 27, 2009

24 week visit

I went for my 24 week visit Tuesday. It is hard to believe I am six months pregnant already. It has gone by so quickly after the first trimester. Baby Jace was very active and his heart rate was 138-140. I am measuring correctly and have gained 9 pounds so far. I still am trying to fight off this respiratory/cold bug so she instructed me on what I could safely take and I feel that I may finally be rounding the corner to recovery. They drew blood to check for antibodies since I am a negative blood type. I go back in four weeks and they will administer the first Rhogam shot (to ensure my body behaves if Jace should be a positive blood type) and do my glucose screening test (to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes). After that I will begin going every two weeks and will schedule my 4D ultrasound--very excited about this! I find myself wishing I had a glass belly so I could see Jace developing and ensure he is safe. I also am very curious to see what he looks like. Will he look like Barrett or completely unique? I am so excited to meet the little guy! I'll keep you updated. Love you all and thank you so very much for your prayers!

No comments: