Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Stepping outside the box.

Several times this week Barrett and I have been playing and it has opened my eyes to how confined and regimented I have become with age. I have to color the animals true to life when we color. The toys have their specific boxes that they go into...trucks and balls do not mingle. And yes, there is a miscellaneous basket for all those that cannot be categorized. The trains should take the correct route on the train mat and not veer off the tracks. It all sounds quite funny, but I know some of you can relate. The rest of you scoff and urge us to lighten up, relax. What happened to imagination! After relizing this, I am trying to step outside the box every once in a while and foster my own creativity. I even colored a green and blue monkey with red hands today. Baby steps!

No comments: