Wednesday, January 14, 2009

18 Weeks Today

I'm 18 weeks today. Nearing the halfway mark! I am feeling pretty good now. Still a bit more tired than usual, a bit of queasiness, and some definite heartburn, but very manageable. I have found myself with a much shorter fuse and some moodiness. So pray for Adam and Barrett as they deal with that. I have added "Lord, help me to be kind" to the daily prayers.

I am for sure feeling the baby move now, just as exciting in the second pregnancy as the first. It is mostly when I am at rest and late at night. We find out the sex in 6 days!!! The anticipation is almost too much!

Barrett started mother's day out again yesterday after a very long holiday break. We both were glad that it was back in session! He has been a little stir crazy lately with it being so cold out and limited options for outings. The same old, same old and Mommy is only exciting for so long and that wore out a while back. In addition, he got so used to the excitement during the holidays that when it was over he didn't understand where all the people and the excitement went. Yesterday, he went to "go play," walked right in, and never glanced back. I didn't even get my usual blown kiss. Mom who?!?

Last night Barrett was playing and did the cutest thing. He has a huge bear in his room that he likes to play with. He drug it out into the living room and pulled it up in the chair with him. Then he gets his milk, put it up to the bear's mouth and says, "You want some milk?" He later tickled it, tucked it in, gave it a kiss, and told it "night night." Already putting those big brother skills to use. No coersion. Just unihibited, gentle, and innocent as could be. It was very sweet and touched my heart. I got some pictures of him and the bear...

Barrett sharing his milk.

Tickling the bear's feet. "Get it. Get it. Get it."

This is what you get when you ask him to smile for the camera right now.
Cute, huh?!?

No comments: