Thursday, June 25, 2009

The First Two Weeks

For all you nay-sayers out there saying this is obviously the second child as evidenced by the lack of documentation so far...at long last..a new post...

It has been an event-filled two weeks. Jace arrived as scheduled. The surgery and delivery went well. He is a healthy and happy young man. He is also very loved! Both sets of grandparents, great grandparents Maw and Paw, Uncle Heath and Aunt Yeh Yeh, great aunts Holly, Gail, and Dona, cousins Kirsten and Lesley, and friends Beth and Brooks came to welcome him into the world.

We stayed in the hospital for 3 days and then Adam, Jace and I went home while Bear traveled to TN with Ghee and Grandaddy for a visit to allow Mommy to recuperate and heal a bit before tackling the new task of 2 children. Bear had a big time going to Chuck E. Cheese's and Build a Bear among other things. Adam, Jace, and I used the time for bonding, sleeping, and eating. Our Sunday School class provided meals for us.

Bear returned when Jace was a week old. Ghee and Grandaddy stayed to help care for us (a huge understatement). They cooked, cleaned, entertained Bear, snuggled with baby Jace, chopped down trees, hung shelves, put up handrails, fixed leaks, you name it... Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. They always go above and beyond. I consider myself truly blessed to be so loved and to have the example of such servanthood in my life.

Barrett is such an affectionate and doting big brother. I have been so very proud of him. He has just rolled with the punches and couldn't love "baby Jace" more. He has to be reminded how little the baby is, but that is to be expected. He has exceeded my expectations to this point. Watching them has been such an answer to prayer.

Yesterday was my first day alone with the boys. It went surprisingly well. I was able to divide attention and both boys napped at the same time allowing me to get some much needed sleep and a shower before dinner. Today, I made my first outing with the two of them. Jace and I took Bear to school. A bit more effort, but it went well.

My mom is coming down tomorrow to visit and help with the boys.

It has been an adventure so far and will continue to be. I am so thankful for such loving family and friends to help us out during this exciting and transitional time of our lives!

And now...some pictures!


Introducing Jace Addison Tipps
Born 6/10/09 @ 7:13 am
7#5oz.; 19in. long

All my boys!
Brother Bear holding "baby Jace."


Just peeking.
The one-eyed glance he often sports thus far--switches eyes;
just too much effort I suppose :)

So tiny. Spoiled already. Wrapped around his little fingers.

2 weeks old.


2 comments:

jamie said...

I could seriously eat him with a spoon. So adorable. I love the last picture, he is so pretty (well don't tell Adam I said that), has such good coloring and just has that adorable new-to-this-world look. I want to snuggle his little soft head. He is precious! I love him! Post more pictures! It is like eye candy, I love him... did I mention that?

Jacki Duke said...

he is precious!!! glad y'all are doing well!