Thursday, June 4, 2009

Baby Jace Update

I went to the doctor for my routine weekly visit on Tuesday. No dilation despite contractions so I believe I will make it to the scheduled time. Jace had been rather quiet as far as movement goes so the doctor ordered some extra tests to make sure everything was okay. We had an ultrasound, a nonstress test, and a contraction stress test. The ultrasound showed us a sleeping Jace with adequate movement, a good fluid level, and an estimated measurement of 7 lb. 8 oz. right now. The tech flipped it over to 4-D so we could get a good glimpse of his face. He has the chubbiest cheeks! I can't wait to rub, pinch, and kiss them. The nonstress test was what they call "nonreactive" meaning they didn't see the variation in heartrate that they like to see. That bought us a trip over to the hospital for a contraction stress test. Walking over ther must have done us both some good because as soon as they hooked me up to the montor he had a "beautifully reactive" nonstress test. I was contracting on my own so they didn't have to stimulate any contractions, much to my delight. Jace looked great and reacted exactly like he is supposed to. His heartrate was still abnormal, but the irregularity was much less frequent already as he has matured and they expect it to disappear at birth. I was released home to return next Tuesday for my final check up before my scheduled section on Wednesday morning. I cannot believe it is here already. Ready or not, here he comes!





(Newest Belly Pic--37 weeks and 2 days)
Barrett wanted to take a picture of his belly as well :)

No comments: