Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Regular Dave Ramsey

Last weekend I was driving down the road when I heard a very loud pop, similar to being in an accident. I sat there thinking to myself that I didn't feel anything, but I would have sworn I had been in an accident from the sound. Then I realized that my radio no longer worked. A blown fuse I guessed. Well, we replaced the fuse to no avail and after a week of driving in complete silence (minus the constant question of "what's that?" from my curious toddler), I took the car to the dealership to see about getting it fixed or a replacement. The service manager comes in holding my radio in hand and smiling. He gives it a little shake and you can hear coins rattling inside :) Barrett was play driving with his fake keys while we were cleaning the cars a while back. He was just as content as could be. I guess he found my loose change and was just trying to help save money by sticking it in the CD player--similar to a piggy bank slot. Unfortunately, it ended up costing much more than he had "saved" when it shorted out.

2 comments:

jamie said...

Oh, that is so funny. Such a boy thing to do!

holly said...

so funny!