Tuesday, December 23, 2008

15 week visit

Today I went for my routine 15 week visit. All was well. They had done ultrasounds at my former visits so there was no need to check fetal heart tones until this visit. It was exciting to hear. The baby was active as usual and the heart rate was in the low 150's (normal).

They drew some lab work to check for an increased risk of down's and other major birth defects for this pregnancy. I will hear back from that in a couple of weeks.

We do the "big ultrasound", as my doctor calls it, at our next visit in 4 weeks. It is scheduled for Jan. 20th. So I'm taking a poll -- will baby Tipps be a boy or a girl? Please cast your prediction in the comments. I asked Barrett if he wanted Mommy to have a little boy or a little girl for him to play with. He said "a dirl" (girl).

I have been feeling much better lately. Other than a stomach virus (ugghh!), I have not been sick in quite some time. I am much less fatigued on a daily basis. The beautiful glow of acne has subsided. And, I don't have to pee every 10 minutes. So...all that to say, this pregnancy has become much more pleasant during the second trimester and I am able to really relish the moment now. A big thanks to all of you who have prayed to that end. It is so very appreciated!

3 comments:

holly said...

great...girl
uncle t...boy
gigi...girl
gida...girl

jamie said...

jamie- girl
chris- girl
grace- 'sister'

G Daddy said...

I'm guessing a boy...
but will NOT be disappointed with a grand daughter!!!