Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tennessee Trek

We went up to Tennessee this weekend for several occasions...
1)My 10 yr. high school homecoming--I enjoyed seeing old friends, faculty, and parents and catching up on each other's lives. Barrett had never been to a football game before and he loved it. Go lions! Every time we see a football game on tv now he says "That's where my went." He mixes my and I up at times :)

I must admit I got a bit self-conscious before heading to my reunion/game as I look quite different from my high school days, but I have been so blessed.
Jace's face reminds me..."na na na boo boo. look who loves you!"
(He recently discovered his tongue)

2)A visit with the beloved "Granmudder", Ghee, and Granddaddy--Always a treat! We love you and can't wait to see you again!


Snapping beans with "Granmudder." Monkey see, monkey do.


Barrett helped cut the peonies and put them in the cart, but I think enjoyed riding in it the best.



Jace thought Grandmother was a comedian.

Who is holding who? Jace has a grip on his Grandaddy.

3)Adam, Bear, Grandaddy and I also visited Gentry's Farm. Such a great place! Planning on making this a tradition.

Barrett sitting in the truck bed looking at the pumpkins. He picked his own pumpkin at the end of our trip, but I failed to capture this on camera. We'll take a pic when we carve it!

Barrett leading the way through the corn maze.


This was Bear's favorite activity--scooping the wheat and dumping it into the windmill.

They had a hay maze in a barn for the kids. Bear crawling through the tunnel in the maze.

Riding the tractor.


Barrett amazed by how tall the bamboo was on the nature walk.
They also had a hayride, cabins, tee pees, animals, and other activities. Very neat!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Wish we could have been at the game to see you all. And gentrys farm looks awesome for kids. We'll have to go there too.