Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Barrett's 2 and 1/2 yr. check-up

Well, we went to the doc today for Bear's 2 and 1/2 yr. check-up. He did great. We had to get an unexpected shot today--there was a Hib shortage when his last one was due, so we got it today. I asked him if he remembered when he came to the doctor with Jace and he got his shots and it made him cry for a little while because it hurt. He said he remembered. I explained that you have to get shots to keep you from getting sick later and that it hurts, but only for a minute and then it goes away. He never changed his countenance and just said, "okay." The nurse came in and I told him that this is what we talked about. He said okay again and sat very still, let her give him the shot, and never cried. He just looked at me and said, "That hurt, Mommy. It hurts." He was so brave and shocked the tar out of me (and the nurse). I was so very proud of my big boy!

His official stats:
Weight: 27 pounds 8 ounces (a whole 6 oz. up from 2 yrs)
Height: 37 and 1/4 inches (up an inch and 3/4 from 2 yrs and the exact same height his daddy was at the same age.)
Not sure of the percentiles, but his graph looked fine. I think he is a featherweight, but 50th or better on height.

1 comment:

holly said...

good job little bear. so proud of you! good job mommy!! love, love you.
"great"